- ShopRite Markets
- $31,070.00 -48,980.00/year*
379 W Shore Dr
We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities - Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience by performing maintenance and clean-up duties in the Meat Department and associated areas as prescribed by the Meat Department Manager to ensure that the department's equipment, premises and fixtures are kept clean and sanitary.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
* Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
* Ability to perform basic math.
* Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
* Ability to work in varying temperatures.
* Adhere to all local, state and federal health and civil code regulations.
* Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 35 lbs., and occasionally lift 80-90 lbs.
* Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
* Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
* Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful way.
* Ability to work cooperatively with others.
* Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work environment.
* Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
* Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
* Assemble and disassemble all Meat Department equipment such as band saws and grinders.
* Monitor inventory of cleaning supplies and sanitizing chemicals; inform manager when supply levels are low in accordance with established guidelines.
* Work in an environment that includes continuous duties in refrigerated cutting rooms and storage areas (relatively high humidity) with occasional duties in frozen food storage boxes maintained at temperatures as low as 20 degrees (Fahrenheit) below zero.
* Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in the store.
* Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to Customers.
* Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which may exceed 8 hours per day.
* Understand and adhere to all Country of Origin Label (C.O.O.L.) regulations for all products in the Meat Department.
* Unload trucks and transport merchandise to Meat Department that weights 35 lbs. and that occasionally weighs up to 80-90 lbs.
* Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 35 lbs. and that occasionally weights 80-90 lbs.
* Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems immediately.
* Operate equipment with all safeguards in place and in good operating condition.
* Observe safe methods of performing all duties.
* Maintain sanitation control according to Company policy.
* Perform duties in accordance with the Company's HAZCOM program and adhere to manufacturer's label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
* Removes trash to designated area. Must be able to sweep and mop floors.
* Empty all trash containers and consolidate tallow barrels when required.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal regulations as they pertain to the Meat operation.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies, safety requirements and all Local, State and Federal health and civil code regulations.
* Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to Meat Department operations.
* Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform, name badge and hat or hair restraint requirements.
* Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling food.
* Complete all applicable department training programs.
* Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency).
* Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
* Work overtime as assigned.
* Work cooperatively with others.
* Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo's, power jacks, and slicing machines.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential job functions and general nature of the work being performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require Associates to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change. This job description is not a guarantee of employment.
Associated topics: animal care, clean, custodian, feed, house cleaner, housekeeping, janitor, janitorial, sanitize, wash
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...